Thursday, January 22, 2004

A conundrum

So, I'm a little unsure of what to do here. I've had a Blogger account set up for almost a year now, but I've never used it. I've also acquired, through my .Mac account, a piece of software called iBlog that allows me to keep a blog on my .Mac account. (Who possibly could have imagined such a thing, huh?) I want to start a blog of some sort, but I don't know which to use.

The advantages of Blogger:
- Accessible anywhere.
- A certain amount of flexibility when it comes to templates.
- Free hosting on blogspot.com.

The advantages of iBlog:
- Can edit the blog and its entries while offline.
- Even more flexibility when it comes to templates.
- Actually, a lot more flexibility when it comes to templates.

Now, the greater number of templates and the ease with which I can revise them might be overcome on Blogger with a little HTML knowledge. But it's also nice to think that I can have the entire blog site on my hard drive and know exactly what everything is going to look like before I publish it. It would be really nice if I had it running on a laptop, so that I would have ready access to those files wherever I went. But I don't, and since that means all of those files are always going to be on the desktop computer at home (for the next several months, at least), then the accessibility available via Blogger may have just tipped the scale.

No comments: