Friday, January 23, 2004

Further justification of my decision.

Not that anyone cares anymore, but I think I've updated my blog on Blogger more in the last 24 hours than I have then entire time I've owned iBlog. Just sayin'

But I guess, for now, this is the better solution. Yes, Blogspot has some issues of spotty service. I can't remember the number of times that I've gone to Atrios or TBogg and found instead the screen telling me how easy it would be to set up a Blogger account. But there is some software I can use to keep track of blog entries offline if I wanted to (MacJournal works well for keeping the basic text in tact), and the ability to access the blog from any computer that has a working connection to the web is definitely handy.

Maybe I'll change my mind once I scrape together enough money for the laptop that I've been oggling and drooling over for months now.

(Addendum: However, I wanted to make a small change to the PowerBook link above, and the distinct disadvantage of using a web-based blog-entry system became clear: It's pretty damn slow sometimes. And I'm sure that there are a lot of people at 7:09 in the morning who've decided that now is the time to update the world about their activities.)

No comments: