Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Getting up on my soapbox and clearing my throat

I'm considering going public.

I don't know if anyone else reads this, but if you do, I have no idea how you found it. I've never made the blog a public one because I wasn't sure if it was something that I would keep up. I still don't know that, but I'm growing increasingly suspicious of myself for writing things, posting them on the web, and then never letting anyone else read them. What's the point?

It isn't that I think that other people need to read what I've written, or that a great audience is going to beat a path to this blog, but that if I'm going to do this thing, I should do this thing, all of it.

So I'll probably flip the switch and go public sometime in the next day or two. It's now possible for emails to be sent to me, and I'm considering whether or not I want to turn comments on. (The answer, for now, seems to be "no." I know that some blogs want to create a sense of community, but that seems like such a grand aspiration for such a teeny-tiny corner of the blogosphere that I'm occupying here, don't you think?)

And if nobody is reading this, then I guess this is sort of an introduction. An awkward one, yes, but what can you expect from these things?

No comments: