Thursday, May 26, 2005

So, what's new?

Things have been quiet, huh?

I eased up on some of the political blogs again, since I started to feel like I was walking around in a constant rage. That's not fun. And once you remove yourself from the echo chamber that constantly reinforces statements like "Blogs are changing the world!" you lose some of the competitive urge to post every little thought that crosses your mind. Blogs may be changing the world, but they've got a nasty tendency to reduce everything to a confrontation of Manichean viewpoints. Life's more complex than that.

But then again, what have I done to change that? Not much.

So I'm trying to think of ways to ease back into the blogging thing, finding something to keep my interest while refraining from calling too many people "fucktards." (Although sometimes it's the only word that will do.)

One of the things I've done is start to play around with Backpack, partly because I've wanted to keep a list of books I've been reading in a central location without having to go back and keep revising and linking to a woefully outdated post. And besides, it's always fun to play with a new toy. So, if you want to know what I've been reading in 2005, you can find it here. I'm also going to try and put a permanent link in the sidebar, but if all else fails I'll blogroll it. (Which reminds me: I need to shuffle things around a little bit over there. I have some new obsessions as well as a few sites that I've just grown less fond of. You'll have to check around later and see if you can spot which is which.

No comments: