Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Future Is ... Meh.

I downloaded iTunes 4.9 this morning, the latest and greatest iteration of the jukebox program. (And let me say, as someone who always thought it would be great to have a real Wurlitzer jukebox in his living room, this is the closest I'm ever going to get, and I'm fine with that.) The newest addition is support for Podcasting.

I don't think that I quite get the Podcasting thing. Presently, I'm mostly downloading NPR programming. So much for the stick-it-to-the-man quality that Podcasting is supposed to carry. Maybe there are some alternatives out there, but a lot of the podcasts are about as interesting as cable-access programming: A sort-of-clever idea that isn't fully fleshed out, is far too self-congratulatory, and goes on for waaaayyy too long.

No comments: