Friday, March 09, 2007

Picture Pages

Hm. It seems that the little elves at Google have been tying things together, linking Picasa and Blogger and making things easy to use. I've long heard that Picasa is a nice little photo management application, but it's been available for PCs only. Turns out that there are some tools that lets Mac users running iPhoto easily export to Picasa online. The storage has been bumped up to 1GB, and it's easy to link albums to blogs, like so:

Chicago 2004

If that worked correctly, there should be a link up above to an album of some pictures I took in Chicago a few years ago.

I know that a lot of people swear by Flickr, but I'm sometimes less than enthused by it. I'm not sure why. I guess there's some powerful mojo behind the scenes that let you do things with those pictures in other applications across the web, but I've never been that interested in learning the whats or hows. As a web album for photos, it's just kind of ... there. On the other hand, it did set a lot of what are now considered standards for letting people share photos in a relatively pain-free fashion, giving a cheap-to-free way of hosting those pictures.

I ramble. The point of this post was to see if I could get the album to link to the entry. That is all.