Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Don't Understand Why the G.O.P. Doesn't Get More of the Black Vote

Why am I not surprised?

A Republican women's club in San Bernardino County sent out a recent newsletter with a photo of Barack Obama surrounded by fried chicken, watermelon and ribs, sparking widespread outrage and rebuke from GOP leaders and Democrats.

The illustration shows the Democratic presidential candidate's head atop a donkey's body on a bogus $10 bill referred to as "Obama Bucks." Inscribed on the money are the words "United States Food Stamps" surrounded by stereotypical African American food.




I think this may be my most favorite line of rationalization today:

[Club president Diane] Fedele said the mailer merely parodied the statements Obama made during a debate last summer and wasn't racist.

"If I was racist, I would have looked at it through racist eyes," she said. "I am not racist, which is why it probably didn't register."

Club member Kristina Sandoval agreed.

"None of us are racists," she said.

The use of watermelon, ribs and fried chicken was innocent, she said.

"Everyone eats those foods, it's not a racial thing."


Jesus, why not just throw a noose in there?

I guess Mrs. Fedele would like to be complimented on the fact that she didn't put a noose in there, showing great restraint and therefore proving that she is most definitely not a racist, despite what the Jew-owned media would have you believe.