Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Dollhouse"



I found the first episode a little confusing and disorienting, but I don't mean it in a bad way; I think it was supposed to be like that. I have a whole bunch of questions about the Dollhouse and why they provide the service that they provide (and the cost to the Actives who provide it), but that's what'll make me watch the next few episodes, to see if I get any answers. I actually like being dropped into a fully realized world and having to piece together its dynamics as I watch rather than getting an hour of exposition.

I didn't get "Firefly" at first either. I remember being a little disappointed that it wasn't exactly like "Buffy" or "Angel," until I accepted that it was its own thing. Then they showed "Out of Gas" and it all clicked. "Dollhouse" isn't exactly like Joss Whedon's other shows (although Handler = Watcher, I mean come on), but once I get its language and rhythms, there's some potential for goodness.

Staying tuned...