Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

Enjoy the holiday with some clips from the greatest musical ever written about the signing of the Declaration of Independence, 1776.

(Seriously, I love this film. I don't know why, when you consider that it was made in 1972, and this kind of musical was already a relic. But love it I do, and I don't care who knows it. Mock me all you want, but try to stop singing "Sit Down, John," underneath your breath all day, or to keep from dancing ("...to the right, ever to the right, never to the left, forever to the right...") to "Cool, Cool, Considerate Men", or to just get the sheer hokiness of "The Lees of Old Virginia" out of your head.)

"Sit Down, John"


"Piddle, Twiddle, and Resolve"


"The Lees of Old Virginia"


"But, Mr. Adams"


"He Plays the Violin"


"Cool, Cool, Considerate Men"


"Momma Look Sharp"


"The Egg"


"Molasses to Rum"


"Is Anybody There?"

No comments: