Saturday, November 06, 2010

Books Read in 2010: "A Study in Scarlet" by Arthur Conan Doyle




Feedbooks

I caught the first episode of the modern-day "Sherlock", the first episode of which was entitled "A Study in Pink," and decided that I wanted to re-read the source material. There's only superficial resemblances between "Scarlet" and "Pink," but both are fun.

It's interesting to see how it all started, and I'd forgotten that this was the story that involved the whole Mormon subplot. One of the first times I'd ever read anything about the Latter Day Saints that hadn't derived from one of their '70s and '80s era PSA/commercials, and that made me go, "Really?"

Anyway, all of the Holmes books have been downloaded from the internet and uploaded to my Kindle. I'll be good for a while.

Oh, and there are lots of cool Holmes covers out there for the picking. Sort of the great thing about public domain titles featuring characters who are known by anyone who hasn't read a single word.